Sunday, November 4 is International Day of Prayer for the persecuted church. Voice of the Martyrs and Open Doors are 2 resources I love to help guide me in prayer for the church worldwide. They provide guides for IDOP, with Open Doors specifically focusing on North Korea.
- Pray with North Korean Christians for their protection, strength and endurance. They face persecution from state authorities and their non-Christian families, friends and neighbors.
- Pray that North Korean President Kim Jong-un and his regime will come to know the one true God and open his country to the gospel for healing and restoration.
- Pray that God will move on Kim Jong-un to release the estimated 50,000 Christians who are unjustly held in detention centers and prison camps throughout the country.
- Pray that the underground church would grow in boldness and be ready for widespread evangelism efforts when the opportunity arises.
- Pray that Kim Jong-un will allow for the creation of new churches where North Koreans can freely worship.
Here is their month long list of prayer suggestions for November. They provide a new suggestion for each new country daily. Close to my heart are Cameroon and Pakistan, but as you can see, there are so many.
Here are the prayer suggestions for Voice of the Martyrs.